What is the min order on pens? Can I order less than 20?
You will see our web site offers 2 sections of pens
-For 1-19 pens, you must use theSingle Gift Pens Section
-For 20 pens to 25,000 pens and more, use the promotional pens section.
You will see that each pen style has it own min order requirement. In general, wood pens have lowest min order starting at 20 pens. Metal Pens have a min order requirement that start in the 50-100 pens range. And plastic pens have a min order that pens starts between 100 to 500 pens.
For promotional pens section, the general rule is the more expensive the pen, the lower the min order.
Why is there is minimum order requirement? There is a base line dollar amount needed to be able to include free imprint on the logo pens.
Can I order samples of pens or other products?
Sure, our sample policy and order details are on this page
A couple of notes on samples:
- Samples are usually from overruns and come with someone's logo on them.
- We refund the cost of samples and / or shipping costs against a full order up to $25
- Art proof by email are FREE, just ask us and we will create it for you.
- If you need a spec sample, which is a sample of an item with your logo on it, we do it, but costs are higher for it. Email us for spec samples.
What refills do the pens take? Where do I have get them?
If the pen takes a refill, like most of our metal and wood pens do, then yes the refill is standard and available at most any office supply store. Low end plastic promotional pen are typically disposable.
We sell some refills here, but not for all pens. Typically we only sell refills with a pen order.
Or you find them at www.freerefill.com
How long does it take to have an order shipped to me?
For most every product, you will see listed the "production time". This is the time, counted in business days" that the factory needs to print or engrave your product. Most products have a "rush production" option available for an extra charge.
Production time does NOT include the shipping transit time. Please email us if you need to know an exact shipping date for you order... or if you are trying to meet a deadline... 95% of the time we can find a way to make it happen for you.
What PAYMENT OPTIONS do you offer for businesses? Do you accept PO's?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Amex, Paypal, and Google checkout payments by request, Purchase orders with approved credit, and prepayment by check, money order, or wire transfer. The easiest and most common payment at the time of order by credit card.
- Orders are prepaid as these are customized products. Order processing begins at time of payment unless otherwise noted. Orders produced overseas require full prepayment.
- First time orders or new business accounts requires one of the following options for payment: A prepay by wire, paypal, check or credit card, OR a credit card for security of the payment with an approved PO and credit references. Subsequent orders may not require these if the order is within a customers credit limit and payments are submitted on time.
- For established business accounts that have established credit with Dayspring through completed transactions, we accept signed Purchase Orders. Late payments are subject to interest and/or collection fees. Orders over $2500 may require a deposit or a credit card number for security depending on the payment history of the account.
- Application for credit can be requested for established companies with a Dunn and Bradstreet number, credit history and credit references. Call to set this up with us. A purchase order is required. Lastly, we may require a credit card as security of payment for first orders with terms of net 30 days, except for government and education industries.
- International orders require prepayment by wire, we do not accept credit cards on orders shipped to international addresses. International Purchase orders: New accounts, international PO's, orders without a USA contact, and orders shipping internationally are only processed with a completed wire prepayment
What logo format do you want and do all logo's work well?
Most logos work great. For a 1 color imprint, we prefer a black and white digital image or art copy sheet to work with. If you have art with many colors in it... please let us help you find a solutions.
While we can accept most ANY file format, including: .jpg, .gif, .ai, .eps, --We prefer .cdr, .ai or .eps (See: What is vector based art?) You can add your logo to the order at checkout or email it to us from the Contact us page If you don't have your logo in a vector format .tiff) - art charges may apply.
We recommend that you email us the logo in advance of your order to be sure it will fit correctly on the product.
We offer free art layouts by email.
How much is shipping? Do you have free shipping?
The shopping cart will calculate the shipping cost. We ship by UPS. Shipping costs are calculated by the weight of the packages, the zip code it is going to, and the shipping method used.
We have a few featured products with free shipping.
Do you have a paper catalog?
We no longer have a paper catalog... We carry over 250,000 products on our web site. If you can't find something you are looking for, please let us assist you in finding it.
We have carry 500 featured products, and 250,000 more products in our catalog section.
In addition - we carry many products not on the web site and even can do custom sourcing for you.
We can create free custom presentations to help you to show your ideas to your leadership team.
Engraved or imprinted are NOT returnable. If a product is defective at arrival, we will repair or replace them under the warranty period. UNengraved items are returnable for 30 days with an RMA number from us. Return shipping is the customers responsibility.
What is the difference between engraving and imprinting? And between pad printing and screen printing?
What Does the "Free Engraving" Include on pens?
Unless otherwise noted on the product page, laser engraving of text is free for orders. One location on pen only. On some pens the imprinting is free and the laser engraving is extra, this is clearly noted in the details on the item page.
NOTE: Free engraving offer does not include different personal names on each pen, or logo/image setup fee if applicable - see below.
We will NOT engrave or imprint anything that WE consider to be profanity.
What if I need a pen or product marked in 2 locations?
If it will fit, we can do it. Extra charges apply, depending on the product.
For laser engraved pens, our free engraving is one location (i.e. one side of the cap). If you need the second side of the pen engraved (i.e. to much text to put on one side) this is available.
On our rosewood pens, the second location engraving cost is $0.50/ for 20-249, pens, $.35 for 250-749 pens, and $.23 for 750 or more pens. Does not apply if you pay to personalize the second side of the pen.
What about personal name engraving?
Personalization is defined as having a different personal name on each item - IE "John Smith", Joe Brown. We can do this pens or products that are laser engraved, which is most wood and metal pens. The cost is for $1.50 per item (pen or wood case).
Please email the list of of names to us, we will add charges to your order. Generally, there is space for a maximum of 25 characters per line, up to 2 lines per pen.
Can I get a proof to be sure the art and spelling are correct?
Yes, if you request a proof, one will be sent by email to you b/f you order is run. Please note, production time starts AFTER the proof is approved.
What Fonts to you use?
Our default font is Arial, if you do not specify a font, this is what we will use. If you prefer a different font, please specify which Word font you desire, or you can email us the font file.
We will always request that you email the text copy to us, to avoid copying and spelling errors
What if I want to use our logo or an image? And what are the set up fees?
- SETUP FEES FOR LOGOS/ IMAGES. Unless otherwise stated on the page where the pen is show, images and logos have a set up fee of $25. You can email us your logo or add it to your logo when you check out. If you order the same product, you do not have to pay the set up fee again on the reorder.
- Most promotional products will have a screen printing set up fee of between $30-$50 per order for a one location / one color imprint. This is the fee to build a screen to screen print your item and mix the ink, and run the printer etc.
- Many of our pens will have this logo on them... this means there is NO set fee for text engraving / imprinting.
How do I sign up for your mailing list or drawing for free logo products?
Where can I find a color chart? Art work Tips?